TeamDynamix is a cloud-based tool that members of the university community use to request help from the ITS Service Center, LSA Technology Services, and other schools, colleges, and administrative units. U-M teams use TeamDynamix to manage, track, and resolve help requests.
TeamDynamix is a university contracted-for service provided by TeamDynamix, and U-M has an agreement with TeamDynamix that includes confidentiality and security clauses. TeamDynamix is compliant with and audited for SOC 2 Type II compliance and provides a secure environment in which to maintain or share the university's sensitive unregulated data, as well as some types of sensitive regulated data.
U-M's agreement with TeamDynamix includes a Business Associate Agreement. This means individuals may use this service to maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) regulated by HIPAA. While information captured in TeamDynamix could contain Protected Health Information (PHI), TeamDynamix is not designed to store or maintain this type of data. Complying with HIPAA's requirements is a shared responsibility. Users sharing and storing PHI in TeamDynamix are responsible for complying with HIPAA safeguards, including:
- Using and disclosing only the minimum necessary PHI for the intended purpose.
- Obtaining all required authorizations for using and disclosing PHI.
- Ensuring that PHI is seen only by those who are authorized to see it.
- Obtaining all necessary data-sharing agreements and Business Associate Agreements for using and disclosing PHI.
- Following any additional steps required by your unit to comply with HIPAA.
While TeamDynamix provides a secure environment, and could contain Social Security numbers, it is not designed to store or maintain this type of data. Users should use U-M ID numbers (UMIDs) instead of Social Security numbers when an employee ID number is necessary.