Working & Learning Remotely
Privacy, Student Education Records, and Videoconferencing
- Recording Class Activities: (Some) Rules of the Road. Guidance for instructors recording lectures, discussion groups, and other similar course-related activities. Applies to in-person and online courses, and re-use of recordings.
Consider a Password Manager
- Consider a Password Manager. Have a lot of passwords to keep track of? See this page for advice on choosing and using software to help you safely and securely create and store them.
Safe Computing Videos
- You've Got a Site for That—Safe Computing (1:55). See how the Safe Computing website helps you protect information at the university and more.
- IT Security Tips for When You Work from Home (2:18). A summary of tips to help you work securely from home.
- How to Report an IT Security Incident (1:47). It is vital that you report suspected IT security incidents so that they can be investigated and responded to as soon as possible.
- Tips for Safe Videoconferencing (1:32). Tips for using U-M tools and being a good host to secure your videoconferences.