Scams & Fraud
Coronavirus Scams. Up-to-date information about the latest scams to watch for.
Working & Learning Securely from Home
- International Access to U-M Resources. Some U-M resources are not available from outside the U.S. Find out which ones are blocked and from where.
- IT Security When Working Remotely. Guidance to help you work securely from home along with links to resources and instructions.
- Video: IT Security Tips for When You Work from Home (2:18). A summary of tips to help you work securely from home.
- Video: How to Report an IT Security Incident (1:47). It is vital that you report suspected IT security incidents so that they can be investigated and responded to as soon as possible.
- Secure Your Videoconferencing: Instructions. Links to instructions for choosing security settings in BlueJeans, Google Hangouts Meet, and Zoom.
- Video: Tips for Safe Videoconferencing (1:32). Tips for using U-M tools and being a good host to secure your videoconferences.
- Privacy, Security, Compliance, and Videoconferencing. What U-M does, and what you are responsible for doing, to protect privacy while videoconferencing.
- Videoconferencing Security & Privacy Frequently Asked Questions. Answers to your questions.
- Protect your Zoom meetings against Zoombombing (IA notice). Guidance for protecting you and others from unwanted intrustions in your Zoom meetings.
- Protect your Zoom meetings against Zoombombing (3/31/20). An email sent to deans, directors, and department heads from Ravi Pendse, vice president for information technology and chief information officer.
- Securing Your Videoconference (4/6/20). An email sent to all U-M faculty and staff from Ravi Pendse.