When you report phishing, you help U-M staff update anti-phishing defenses, including threat intelligence, to protect others at the university and Michigan Medicine.
Google at U-M Users
Report to U-M. Send the entire message to ReportPhish@umich.edu. Provide full information by sending what Google calls the message original:
- Click the down arrow next to the Reply arrow and select Show original.
If your message is rejected when you try report spam or phishing to ReportPhish@umich.edu, try the following:
- In the message you would like to report, click the down arrow next to the Reply arrow and select Show original.
- In the Original Message screen, click Download Original to download the page as a .txt file.
- Compose a new message, attach the file you downloaded, and send the new message and attachment to ReportPhish@umich.edu.
Report to Google. You can also report the phish to Google by using the Google's report phishing option.
Michigan Medicine Outlook Users
- Select the suspicious email.
- In the Outlook menu bar, click the Report Phishing button.
- The email will be deleted, and Michigan Medicine Information Assurance will be notified.
The Report Phishing button is not available on mobile devices. If you don't see the button, send the suspected phishing email to ReportPhish@umich.edu.