Securing your devices doesn’t just mean keeping them in a safe place, it means setting a strong password, keeping your software up-to-date, backing up your data, choosing appropriate privacy and access settings, deciding what networks to connect to, and more.
See these guidelines to help you secure your own devices and data:
- Secure Your Mobile Device
- Secure Your Personal Computer
- Secure Your Internet of Things Devices
- Secure Your Home Wireless Network
- Encrypt Your Data
- Securely Delete Files
- Erase Personal Devices Before Disposal
- MiWorkspace. If you use a MiWorkspace-managed computer, your neighborhood IT staff will ensure that your work devices are properly secured.
- Michigan Medicine. Health Information Technology & Services provides devices to Michigan Medicine faculty and staff and is primarily responsible for the maintenance and security standards of those devices.
- Other U-M Devices. Other guidelines may apply to other University-Owned Devices.