The Security at University of Michigan IT (SUMIT) event series is dedicated to raising awareness about cybersecurity issues in the U-M community and beyond. Events are held throughout the year, typically with special focus during Cybersecurity Awareness Month in October.
The SUMIT event series highlights trending and future-focused topics in cybersecurity with keynote presentations by thought leaders, industry innovators, scholars and others driving the evolution of cybersecurity.
- SUMIT keynote presentations bring elevated and engaging discourse directly to the U-M security community through moderated livestream events or webinars.
- Past speakers have included world leaders, journalists, industry leaders and scholars from U-M and other institutions who are committed to the mission of cybersecurity and privacy for organizations and individuals.
Information Assurance Sessions
SUMIT offers opportunities to connect with the ITS Information Assurance (IA) team regarding topics that address the U-M community’s security needs and capabilities.
- Office Hours provide an easy, informal way to connect with the IA team about timely security questions or challenges.
- Information Sessions led by IA team members promote processes, provide updates and offer technological guidance that help U-M community members protect themselves and the university.
Cybersecurity + Privacy Challenge
- IA invites U-M students to test their knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy best practices each academic year.
- Prizes! Students who complete the challenge with a score of 90% are entered into a drawing for prizes.
- Learn more at Cybersecurity + Privacy Challenge.