Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 on January 14, 2020. Unsupported software does not receive security updates, putting your computer at risk. Computers running Windows 7 will become increasingly vulnerable to malware and other attacks after January 14, 2020. To avoid security-related risks and support issues, upgrade to Windows 10.
- Upgrade by January 2020. If you have not already done so, plan to stop using Windows 7 before January 14, 2020. Thank you to those of you who have already taken action!
- Or mitigate the risk in other ways. If it is not possible for you to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, begin planning how you will mitigate in other ways. Options include purchasing extended support for university machines or disconnecting them from networks.
- Michigan Medicine to upgrade by October.
- IT staff asked to upgrade university machines by January:
- Information Assurance Notice: Plan for end of Windows 7 support (8/28/19)
- Prepare to move away from Windows 7 (8/27/19)
- ITS Information Assurance is sending monthly reminders to targeted IT staff in units with Windows 7 machines.
- MiWorkspace on track to upgrade by January.
- New Windows 10 updates available for MiWorkspace (3/19/19)
- MiWorkspace users with Windows 7 received an email reminder on September 17 to upgrade by January 10. Regular reminders will be sent through January.