Follow IT security and privacy best practices by limiting access in your videoconferences to just what is needed. If you work with sensitive university data, use only videoconferencing services that are approved for the data type(s) you work with.
- Instructions: How to Secure a Google Meet Session
- Sensitive data guidance: Sensitive Data Guide: Google at U-M Core Services (includes Google Chat and Google Meet)
- Sensitive data guidance:
- Protect your Zoom meetings against Zoombombing (IA notice). Guidance for protecting you and others from unwanted intrusions in your Zoom meetings.
- Protect your Zoom meetings against Zoombombing (3/31/20). An email sent to deans, directors, and department heads from Ravi Pendse, vice president for information technology and chief information officer.
- Securing Your Videoconference (4/6/20). An email sent to all U-M faculty and staff from Ravi Pendse.