For links to more resources, see Secure Your Videoconferencing: Instructions.
Use U-M tools
Use tools provided by the university. U-M has contracts and agreements with Zoom, BlueJeans, and Google that specify:
- They are required to secure and protect U-M data.
- They can only use U-M data to help them run and improve their services.
- They may not sell or rent U-M data.
- U-M owns the data.
Be a good host
Be a good host and look out for the people in your meetings.
- Set your meeting to keep uninvited guests out. In Zoom, you can restrict access to members of the U-M community. Choose the "Only authenticated users can join" setting. There are other options as well, like the 'Waiting Room" feature.
- Do not post meeting invitations on social media or other public places unless absolutely necessary.
- Record meetings only if there is a need, and ask for permission.