How to Use this Curriculum
This curriculum is intended for use by units that want to provide anti-phishing education and awareness.
- The curriculum consists of a series of sequential emails that a Security Unit Liaison (SUL) or other person can send over a period of days, weeks, or months to help people learn to protect themselves—and U-M—from phishing. The emails include links to videos, webpages, and flyers.
- Digital signs are available (in Dropbox at U-M) to reinforce the topics.
- Supplement the materials with your own unit materials and in-person activities as needed.
- What is phishing?
- Phishers target people at universities
- How to spot a spoof
- Report phishing
- Test your phish detection skills
- Wrap up and references
- Email: Wrap up and references
Bonus module. Ransomware attacks often start with phishing emails. Use this bonus module as stand-alone education or incorporate it into the curriculum as needed for your unit.