Who Can Help Me?

Do you have questions about IT security and privacy, or the proper care, use, and storage of sensitive U-M data? The groups listed below are here to answer your questions! Don't see what you need, or need other help? Contact the ITS Service Center.

Who Can Help Me?
I Need Help With: Who Can Help Me? Related Resources
Abuse and Misuse of IT Resources such as policy violations, spam, and phishing. IT User Advocate responds to reports of misuse of U-M IT resources, online harassment, and digital copyright infringement, as well as helping interpret IT policy. See the ITS IA Investigatory Support Process Workflow (pdf) for more on how IA investigates security and privacy issues and incident.
Access to University Data The Data Stewards and their proxies can help you get access to university data; see the list of U-M Data Stewards & Managers. Your unit may request access to a current or terminated employee's U-M account in accordance with U-M policy if needed. See Access to Employee-Held Data for U-M Units for more information on accessing data held by current or former employees.
General Security and Compliance Information Assurance (IA) provides guidance about compliance with policies, laws, and regulations, as well as recommendations for safe computing best practices. IA also helps units prevent and respond to IT security incidents and secure IT infrastructure. Request help or submit questions to IA through the ITS Service Center. See the Information Assurance (IA) Capabilities page for a more comprehensive list of what IA can do to assist you and your unit.
Research Information Security and Compliance If you have a U-M research project for which the federal contract or award contains language or clauses requiring specific information security controls, you can send email to [email protected] for help. Learn more about U-M's Research Information Security Program.
Security Incidents If you suspect or experience an IT security incident, you must report it. See Report an IT Security Incident for details on how to report. If you are responsible for handling the response for your unit, see Responding to an IT Security Incident for instructions.
Unit-Based IT Security Your unit's Security Unit Liaison helps you work through unit-level IT security issues and problems and coordinate with U-M Information Assurance as needed.