Take some time to learn how to protect your identity, information, and accounts and be safe online.
Online Safety Basics
- Practice Online Hygiene
Learn how to assess your online presence; protecting your personal information online; and securing your digital interactions, accounts, and devices.
- Online Hygiene & Self-Protection Checklist (pdf)
Take steps to protect your online presence.
- Protect Yourself from Scams
Learn how to protect yourself from scams, such as phishing email.
- Protect Yourself from Scams Checklist (pdf)
Take steps to protect yourself from scams, such as phishing email, that are designed to steal sensitive information.
- Protect Yourself from Online Harassment
Learn how to mitigate online harassment and abuse.
- Online Harassment & Abuse Mitigation Checklist (pdf)
Take steps to prevent and respond to online harassment and abuse.
- Protect Your Online Shopping
Secure your environment and avoid the traps.
- IT Security & Privacy for Remote Work & Study
Tips for securing your devices and connections when you work from home or other locations away from campus. Includes tips for secure videoconferences.
- Secure Your Internet Connection
Choose the best network for your environment and employ tools to make them more secure.
- Secure Your Web Browser
Keep your software updated, review your settings, use plug-ins and pop-ups sparingly, and consider private browsing and searching.
- Use Two-Factor for Login
Use two-factor authentication whenever it is offered by apps and services - it provides additional security for your accounts.