Mobile devices are used to access or store personal and private information—notes, photos, contacts, financial accounts, saved passwords, and more. It is important that you properly secure and manage your mobile devices to protect your personal information.
You may also be permitted to access or maintain sensitive institutional data using your mobile devices. If so, you are expected to properly secure and manage the devices in accordance with university policy (see below). See Your Responsibilities For Protecting University Data When Using Your Own Devices for a complete list of your responsibilities when accessing sensitive U-M data from your own devices.
Securing and Managing Your Devices
Michigan Medicine Staff Mobile Devices
Michigan Medicine staff members who wish to access MiChart and/or their Michigan Medicine Outlook/Exchange email, calendar, and contacts on their mobile devices must enroll them in the Intelligent Hub mobile device management system.
Note: Personal mobile devices without Intelligent Hub cannot access the UMHS-8021X wireless network. MWireless is available for WiFi, but with no access to Michigan Medicine resources.
- Intelligent Hub for Mobile Devices (Michigan Medicine KnowledgeBase)
- Mobile Devices - Supported Services. Includes enrollment instructions and FAQs. (Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) webpage; login with Michigan Medicine Level-2 password required.)
- Michigan Medicine Two Factor Authentication Information has more information on Michigan Medicine and two-factor authentication. (Login with Michigan Medicine Level-2 password required.)
You are responsible for complying with the policies and standards below. The requirements on this page help you meet that responsibility.
- Responsible Use of Information Resources (SPG 601.07)
- Security of Personally Owned Devices that Access or Maintain Sensitive Institutional Data (SPG 601.33)
- Unit-Specific Requirements for Self-Management of Personally Owned Devices that Access Sensitive Institutional Data (DS-07)
- Tech Tools: Cell Phones and Portable Electronic Resources (SPG 514.04)