Securing your devices doesn’t just mean keeping them in a safe place, it means setting a strong password, keeping your software up-to-date, backing up your data, choosing appropriate privacy and access settings, deciding what networks to connect to, and more.
See these guidelines to help you secure your own devices, data, and connections.
Tips for securing your devices and connections when you work from home or other locations away from campus:
- IT Security When Working Remotely
- Video: IT Security Tips for When You Work from Home (2:15)
- Secure Your Videoconferencing: Instructions
- MiWorkspace. If you use a MiWorkspace-managed computer, your neighborhood IT staff will ensure that your work devices are properly secured.
- Michigan Medicine. Health Information Technology & Services provides devices to Michigan Medicine faculty and staff and is primarily responsible for the maintenance and security standards of those devices.
- Other U-M Devices. Other guidelines may apply to other University-Owned Devices.